Friday, April 10, 2009

Industrial Water Color

Que Pasa blog world? The pic above was painted from a "self created" still life. I work in a steel fabricating factory. Long lengths of steel angles, channels and tubes are cut to specified lengths to fabricate various products. The end of the steel is usually defective and is cut from the long length of steel; these end pieces are known as drops. I collected a number of steel drops to create the still life. "Drops" is the title of the painting.

Barb, of the Village Gallery-Sunbury,Ohio, and I discussed this painting after framing and between us we chose the term "Industrial Watercolor" to describe this type of painting. I like the term since it describes several of my paintings.

More industrial watercolor will follow. Hasta luego!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
A retired techie working with watercolor. Please do not use my images without my permission. If a painting strikes your fancy and you would like to make a purchase, please email me at mec1971@att.net. We can discuss a price.